Botox and Dysport are neuromodulators which help relax dynamic muscles, softening the crease or wrinkle the muscle creates. Botox can also be used to prevent wrinkles from forming, or soften those bothering you.
Typical treatment areas: Forehead, between the eyebrows (11’s), laugh lines (outer edge of eyes), bunny lines (on the side of the nose bridge).
You can see your various dynamic wrinkles if you make these expressions in the mirror – try it, it’s fun! Raise your brows (in surprise!), furrow (in deep thought), smile (big, using your eyes), pucker (kiss me daaahlink!). If you want more info but prefer a video, watch our Intro to Injectables.
Why consider Botox:
- No downtime – make it your lunchtime appointment.
- Botox usually lasts 3-4 months (individual results may vary).
- Prevent deep wrinkles from forming.
What to expect:
- Plan a 1 hour appointment; no rigorous exercise or laying down for several hours.
- An in depth consult to determine if Botox is right for your concerns, and to identify the areas for treatment.
- Everyone is different, so your muscles may require more/less Botox. Let’s determine the right amount for you.
- We recommend avoiding supplements that act like blood thinners for a few days prior to your treatment – this helps reduce bruising.
- You may experience slight swelling, and bruising on the areas injected.
- It takes up to 2 weeks for Botox to take full effect.
Want more details? Read our FAQ.
SEE THE RESULTS
Real, untouched photos showcase results
Laugh lines, or crows feet is a common area for botox to be used to soften wrinkles.
We lovingly refer to the lines between the brows as the 11’s. They can be softened with Botox.
Not surprisingly, men tend to have stronger facial muscles than women, and typically require more “brotox” to relax the muscles. You’ll see in this example that botox can be used to varying degrees to slightly soften, so that your face still has plenty of expression.
Botox can help soften the fine lip lines made from repeated puckering or sipping from a straw.